Feature Highlight – Search
Monitoring product search results on retailers’ websites will allow you to quickly obtain data about the position of your products in search results according to the main keywords. Using this information, you can optimise your product cards to reach the highest search positions for the most popular queries.
The strategies that will be most effective for ranking on the first page of a marketplace or ecommerce website will depend on each ecommerce platform.
What is Brandquad’s Search module?
Search module allows users to track and analyse the performance of their and their competitors products in search results on retailers websites.
The ECI module’s Search section allows you to assess how well yours and you competitors products are being displayed for specific queries. This section enables you to continuously compare search results for the selected keywords.
This data shows an average share of products of the selected brands which get to the first results page upon the specified search/category queries on the retailer’s website.
What is Search module important for?
When it comes to optimising your products’ visibility on search engines, there are two main strategies to consider: organic search and paid search.
- Organic search is all about understanding how your products rank in search results based on the keywords you’re using. You can check which keywords are performing well for you, which aren’t, and compare your rankings to those of your competitors. To improve your organic search rankings, you may need to adjust the keywords you’re using in your product descriptions and make sure you have the right balance.
- Paid search, on the other hand, is all about making sure your products are appearing in the positions that you’ve paid for. This means checking in with retailers to ensure your products are being displayed in the locations you’ve agreed upon for specific search queries. By monitoring your paid search performance, you can ensure that your brands’ products are being displayed in the right places, and that retailers are complying with your agreements.
If you’re not seeing the results you want, it could be worth exploring other factors that may be impacting your rankings, and using other ECI modules to help you identify them.
What else can you do to improve your ranking ?
There are several strategies that you can use to try to rank on the first page of a marketplace or ecommerce website:
- Optimise your product titles and descriptions: Use relevant and descriptive titles and descriptions for your products, and include relevant keywords where appropriate.
- Use high-quality product images: High-quality product images can help attract the attention of potential customers and differentiate your products from those of your competitors.
- Use the right quantity of images: Usually there need to be around 5-6 images per product card. If there’s a 360° view or a video, it’s even better.
- Price your products competitively: Price your products competitively compared to similar products offered by other sellers on the marketplace.
- Use relevant keywords in your product titles and descriptions: Including relevant keywords in your product titles and descriptions can help your products rank higher in search results for those keywords.
- Encourage customer reviews: Customer reviews can help increase the visibility and credibility of your products, which can in turn help them rank higher in search results.
- Use appropriate tags: Many marketplaces allow sellers to use tags to help categorise and organise their products. Using appropriate tags can help your products be more easily discovered by potential customers.
- Use paid search advertising: Many marketplaces and ecommerce websites offer paid search advertising options, which allow you to bid on keywords and have your products appear at the top of search results for those keywords.
Overall, the search module is a powerful feature of our digital shelf analytics tools that can help brands track and improve their products performance in search results across various ecommerce platforms. With the data and guidance provided, brands can boost the visibility and sales of their products online.
Discover all of our features by booking a demo with one of our digital shelf specialists.